Bounty Hunter Discovery 3300 Review
Performance - 95%
Durability - 85%
Accuracy - 97%
Ease of use - 80%
Price - 90%
In case you have already own a beginner’s detector and you are familiar with treasure hunting, this advanced model from Bounty Hunter should be your first choice.
Treasure hunting is an activity as old as the world, but while ages ago it was performed with rudimentary tools, nowadays there are specialized devices used to help people discover valuable objects buried on the ground. Metal detectors, as they are currently called, are performing machines that have become increasingly popular lately, since they can identify metals and help people find precious objects with a minimum of effort. They are generally battery powered and can distinguish between a metal target and a random item.
Bounty Hunter metal detectors are some of the most popular and performing available on the dedicated market. Their products are extremely varied, which means they are suitable to any type of user, both beginners and professionals. The Bounty Hunter Discovery 3300, for instance, is a great choice for almost anyone. Although it has not be created for beginners, this product is easy to use and comes with a comprehensive manual, not to mention its high degree of accuracy and sensitivity. All these features make it perfect for intermediate and experienced searchers.
Bounty Hunter Discovery 3300 Metal Detector Overview
The Discovery 3300 from Bounty Hunter is the updated version of the older model, the so called “D33”. This product used to be extremely affordable (actually cheap, according to most buyers), but also quite resistant and efficient. Fortunately, its newer relative has kept the same degree of efficiency and accuracy, although the price is a bit higher. However, for what it offers, it is the best value for money you are likely to get nowadays. The device comes with a user’s manual, but some buyers have claimed it is a bit difficult to understand – that is probably why you need to have some experience before purchasing this model and understanding its features. These are rather advanced, so as a beginner, the Discovery 3300 may not be the ideal choice.
Despite the rather high degree of difficulty and its advanced settings, once you start understanding how you have to use this model, the amount of valuable objects it will help you find will definitely pay off. Even if there is a special function dedicated to depth adjustment, the device comes with a pre-set depth setting that you can use for most metals, until you get familiar with using it.
The Bounty Hunter Discovery 3300 metal detector is well constructed and has a number of technical features that enable it to deliver great results no only on dry lands, but also on wet territories. It has a waterproof coil, it is very lightweight, a large display, up to eleven digital target identification segments, a performing zap mode and also a depth indicator that will tell you where exactly to dig for the metal object found.
Bounty Hunter Discovery 3300 Main Features (Read Full Specs)
- Weighs 2.4 pounds
- 1-touch zap (to accept or reject items)
- Coin depth indicator
- Audio feedback & 3 digit numeric target value
- Accurate location
- Deepest seeking detection
- Adjustable rest arm and stem
- Touch pad for digital control
- Headphone jack
One of the most remarkable features is the four operating modes. The Bounty Hunter Discovery 3300 comes with four different modes, which can be easily controlled by the user through the integrated touchpad:
- Motion All Metal Mode (uses only one tone, aimed to detect all sorts of metal)
- Progressive Discrimination Mode (it also has a single tone, but this one is capable of eliminating iron or other unwanted metals)
- Notch Mode (the user can manually select the items and metals they want to exclude)
- Pinpoint Mode (it looks up for metals although the device is completely still, making a monotone sound that becomes more and more intense as the ring of the coil reaches the closest point to the target).
In addition to this, another particular feature, characterizing all metal detector models from Bounty Hunter, is that the Discovery 3300 can neutralize the responses it gets from ground mineral compounds. Sometimes, these may be confused with metal, but this product is able to distinguish between minerals and valuable metallic objects.
Bounty Hunter Discovery 3300 Pros
- Plenty of features, suitable both for intermediate and experienced users
- Pre-set depth setting
- Ground balance, to neutralize responses coming from ground minerals
- Pinpoint mode, perfect for deep seeking and accurate location
- 1/4 inch jack suitable to most headphones
- 4 tone target identification
- Lightweight (2.6 pounds), so easy to carry around
- Large LCD display
- Can identify targets on a scale from 0 to 99
- Great price for the quality it offers
- Built-in depth calculator
- High degree of discrimination
- Good battery life
Bounty Hunter Discovery 3300 Cons
- Not suitable for beginners
- Complex user’s manual
- Too complicated to use (for inexperienced individuals)
- Cannot detect iron / nickel objects
The Bounty Hunter Discovery 3300 is one of the best products for intermediate and experienced users you are likely to find on the dedicated market at the moment. It has tons of features to suit everyone; it can be adjusted on the items you are looking for and has a great battery life span.